Friday, May 16, 2008

Right thru my fingers...

So I got my so-called settlement. To get this, I had to agree (my lawyer rather forced me into it, but that's a whole 'nuther blog!) to drop any further claim to any other long term disability through December, 2007. (I'm pretty sure that if my attorney would have pursued it, I could have sued them for the "mistake" in their paperwork for quite a bit more, since their paperwork, i.e. my paystubs, said they had withheld over $111,000, and I was only overpaid $66,280!)

To complicate things, I now have to live off of $230 a week till January 2011, then I have nothing, and I'm not sure what I'll do. There isn't a job around who will hire someone in my condition, needing an hour long break every 15 minutes! I don't qualify for social security, and my doctor says I can go back to work "with restrictions", one of which is nothing repetitive, like the typing I'm doing right now. The diff between here and SDGE is that here I can stop and save this every few minutes for a break, then come back to it. And at SDGE if I stopped to rest, I'd get a phone call, "Why are you offline?? Get back to work!" (My daughter actually got fired from her job for bringing in a doctor's note saying she needed to take breaks every 2 hours. Totally illegal, but they suddenly came up w some other bogus reason.) Lucky for her, she's married to an Army officer and they just got transferred, so she'd be moving anyway.)

Ok, to further complicate things, my doctor hasn't been sending in my long term disability restrictions, so SDGE has now "terminated my employment", so now I won't ever get any more LTD plus I lost my medical and dental benefits. PLUS on the work comp side, since SDGE has been denying any medical treatments, like physical therapy, medication and my muscle stimulator supplies, they are now saying that since I "didn't need anything" for the past few years, I don't need them! So even tho part of the settlement is open medical, they are still denying me any medical and GETTING AWAY WITH IT! My doctor asked for physical therapy and they agreed to it, but cut it in half. Thanks a lot, guys. I totally understand the whole "disgruntled employee" thing! LOL (Don't worry, I'm getting it out of my system in other ways!)

I used the lump portion of my settlement to pay off the credit cards I've been living off of for 3 years, and invested in a Canon XLH1 and MacPro with Final Cut Studio Pro. And I found a student filmmaker who is helping me make a feature film about my experience. (No acting experience needed on my part!) And I can take as long as I need to make it. (the beauty of being an independant filmmaker and producer working on a "no-budget" film. I don't have a timeline!) But I know my daughter and I are not the only employees who have been screwed by the company or the whole work comp system. And I'm tired of keeping quiet. Hence... The Princess in the Dragon's Lair...

1 Comments:

Blogger Muscle Pain said...

Fibromyalgia is symptom complex consisting of pain of varying types, chronic fatigue, sleeplessness and general malaise. Most doctors have no clue about the cause and the cure; while most natural healers address the pain aspect and don't talk much about the first component of fibromyalgia which is the fibrosis.
Myofascial pain in Canada

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home